What is a 30 second USP?
USP means Unique Selling Proposition and this is the 30 second elevator speech that you will use to sell you products and services to prospective customers. What makes you and your business be of interest to me. Have your speech in your memory will boost your confidence and help you get your points across.
Before you can begin to sell your product or service to anyone else, you have to sell yourself on it. This is especially important when your product or service is similar to those around you.
When considering you USP have a think about the following:
- What do I do that no one else does?
- What is unique about my business?
- What is my unique story? (e.g. product selection, service standards, staff training)
- How can this be made different from my competitors?
Then consider your customers:
- What does the customer want?
- What need or want are they really trying to satisfy?
- What is the main reason my customers buy from me?
- What can I do to match or exceed those expectations?
- What can I do to make sure the customer gets what they want?
Answering these questions will help you to establish your competitive advantage
30 second commercial tips:
Practice until it sounds natural and effortless, but not memorised.
Speak slowly and clearly.
Keep it simple and professional.
Be prepared to elaborate or provide examples of accomplishments.
Let your personality shine through.
“Youngevity has life changing products and a business opportunity, that when used together create a healthy lifestyle for you and your family. We have nutrition and products that help you feel healthy from the inside, we have a spa and mineral make-up line that will make you healthy and beautiful on the outside and when you simply share those products with others, our business opportunity will make your bank account very healthy and provide your family with a new lifestyle!”
When people are feeling better, looking better and making more money, they get to go on more trips and more vacations and take more pictures, they achieve more time freedom and spend more time with their families, which results in more photos taken. All of this results in more photos and more reasons to create projects with Heritage Makers that will preserve and highlight their new healthy lifestyle!